Lake Norman YMCA Triathlon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: August 24, 2013
- Address: 21300 Davidson St.,
Cornelius, North Carolina Get directions
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Sprint)
- Distances: Swim (750.00 meters) Bike (16.99 miles) Run (5.00 kms)
- Organization: Set Up Events
- Website: http://www.setupevents.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=event_detail&eventID=2277
- Contact email:
- Description: The 750 meter swim features an in-water start with the water temperature historically being in the low 80's so wetsuits are hardly ever permitted. The rectangular shaped course starts right at the beach at the Lake Norman YMCA with the swim finish located only about 50 yards down the shore from the start location. The water is usually very flat as the course is situated in a protected area of the lake that is sheltered from the wind.
The bike course is a 17 mile loop which begins with a two mile section through downtown Davidson and past Davidson College. The bike course quickly becomes a ride through the rural roads of far north Mecklenburg County. The course is moderately hilly with a couple of decent size hills - though nothing too intimidating.
The run course takes place on the neighborhood roads in the area immediately south of the YMCA property. The one-loop 5K course is also moderately hilly with lots of turns. If the temperatures are high - the run course will be hot - as shade is at a premium.
- Members who are scheduled to race: cparkerson, cwhunter1313, Dawnydo, msfitmi, rkestep, soccerpmw15, Sramaswami, sschaar, Tate Rust Sr