CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: October 15, 2017
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Full Ironman)
- Distances: Swim (3800.00 meters) Bike (112.00 miles) Run (26.20 miles)
- Organization: World Triathlon Corporation
- Website: http://ironmanlouisville.com/
- Contact email: email@example.com
- Description: Athletes begin their day with a rolling swim start, a unique feature for a full-distance IRONMAN and a welcome one for anyone nervous about the typical mass start. After lining up along the banks of the Ohio River on a first come, first served basis, competitors jump in one at a time to start the first leg of their 140.6-mile race. Upon exiting the water, you'll head into transition located on the Great Lawn, the centerpiece of Waterfront Park, before heading off for 112 miles of scenic biking.
A mixture of rolling hills and flat pastures characterizes the Louisville bike course, and riders can expect to be challenged as they traverse the Louisville Metro area and Oldham County. As part of the two-loop portion of the course, La Grange gives athletes a boost of energy: They can expect to be greeted here by thousands of cheering spectators and volunteers.
After finishing the bike, athletes only have one thing separating them from their memorable finish: 26.2 miles of flat running. Passing Churchill Downs, home of the famous Kentucky Derby, and the University of Louisville, there's no shortage of distractions. The two-loop run course comes to a close with Fourth Street Live's energetic welcome. Spectators and volunteers bring each athlete in to realize their dream of becoming an IRONMAN.
Members who are scheduled to race: gadgetlaw, gobey007, katybug34, sdonald, tigrlilly68, Tkimble01