Tour of the Scioto River Valley
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: May 12, 2012
- Address: ,
Columbus, Ohio Get directions
- Country: United States
- Race type: Cycle (Tour)
- Organization: Columbus Outdoor Pursuits
- Website: http://www.tosrv.org/11/index.htm
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Description: There are many rides, but only one is America¹s bicycle touring classic - The Tour of the Scioto River Valley, better known by its acronym, TOSRV. Say TOSRV to bicycle riders around the nation, and they’ll know you mean this event, which began as a father-and-son outing in 1962 before quickly growing into the nation’s largest bicycle touring weekend. In fact, TOSRV single-handedly raised the profile of the bicycle in American life and was the inspiration for many of the mass-participation cycling events so popular today across the country. TOSRV riders have come from across the country and have ranged in age from two to 93.
The traditional TOSRV starting and finishing point is the Ohio Statehouse in downtown Columbus. Tour Registration (packet pick-up) will be held at the Hyatt on Capitol Square at 75 E. State Street.
Since the TOSRV route runs along the Scioto River Valley between Columbus and Portsmouth, our Saturday overnight location, it avoids the large hills of southern Ohio. The first 50 miles south of Columbus include some slight grades, and from mile 50 to mile 65 there are a series of short, steep hills. The remaining miles to Portsmouth are relatively flat for a total of 105 miles (169 kilometers) for the day. The Tour returns to Columbus on Sunday along the same route.
TOSRV is not for the casual cyclist. To enjoy TOSRV you should have ridden at least 400 miles during the two months prior to the Tour including at least one 75-mile day. In addition, you, your bicycle, and equipment must be in top shape.
- Members who are scheduled to race: ihafij, Isaac58, tosrv2tri