CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: September 06, 2014
- Address: 2217 Jamestown Rd.,
Williamsburg, Virginia Get directions
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (1/2 Ironman)
- Distances: Swim (2112.00 yards) Bike (58.00 miles) Run (13.10 miles)
- Organization: Set Up Events
- Website: http://www.setupevents.com/?fuseaction=event_detail&eventID=2534
- Contact email:
- Description: Swim: The swim course is a 1.2 mile rectangular course in the brackish James River. The start and finish alternate each year between the beach next to ferry and the beach downriver from the 4H center (tide dependent). The water temperature is expected to be in the upper 70's. A preliminary water temperature will be posted on the website on the Thursday prior to the event. An official reading will be taken race morning. There is a current in this swim course, be sure to practice swimming across currents and how to take advantage of them.
Bike: The bike course is fast and mostly flat. There are a couple rollers and sections of false flat on this course but you can ride the entire way in your big ring. There are 3 water bottle hand offs on the course at miles 15, 30, and 44 (Deer park sport caps). Please plan your fluid intake accordingly as there will be 12 miles to ride from the last hand off to the bike finish. Yes, the bike is 58 miles, not 56. It's a long story, ask us in person about it sometime.
Run: The run course is FANTASTIC and one of the most popular in the VTS! This course is a combination of asphalt bike paths, wooden bridges and VERY well maintained pea gravel and mulched jogging trails. There is not a hill anywhere on this course. It is a 2 loop course for the half with well stocked aid stations at least every mile throughout. Each aid station will have water, HEED, ice, flat Coke, Chex mix, orange quarters, Hammer Gel, E-Caps and a porta jon.
- Members who are scheduled to race: cjcwso, gadgetlaw, Irondad