Mount Shasta Tinman Triathlon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: September 02, 2012
- Address: Lake Siskiyou Camp Resort,
Mt. Shasta City, California Get directions
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Sprint)
- Distances: Swim (740.00 yards) Bike (10.00 miles) Run (4.50 miles)
- Organization: Rotary Club of Dunsmuir
- Website: http://www.dunsmuirrotary.org/Dunsmuir_Rotary/Tinman.html
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Description: Swim: 740 yards in Lake Siskiyou. The route is a loop starting at the Lake Siskiyou Camp Resort marina. You swim around a patio boat and return to the boat ramp. The boat ramp and transition areas are swept by Dunsmuir Rotary members so moving to the transition area from the Lake is pebble-free. Lake temperature usually is between 70 and 75 degrees at that time of year, so wet suits are encouraged. If you are nervous about swimming in an open lake, there are several rescue boats on the course. And you're invited to wear flippers. (But you cannot medal in your category if you do).
Bike: 10 miles going through Lake Siskiyou Camp Resort and down W.A. Barr Road and back. The route is well marked with signs and road paint. There are guides posted at various intersections along the way to ensure safety.
Run: 4.5 miles. Approximately 2/3 of the route is on a fire road. The rest is on a little-traveled paved road. The route is also a loop, and there are 3 water stops (2 at one position, out and back).
- Members who are scheduled to race: absorka, Bodyprojex, tiffsterr