Ironman 70.3 Kansas DISCONTINUED
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: June 08, 2014
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (1/2 Ironman)
- Distances: Swim (2112.00 yards) Bike (56.00 miles) Run (13.10 miles)
- Organization: World Triathlon Corporation
- Website: http://www.ironmankansas.com/
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Description: The race begins with a 1.2-mile swim in Clinton Lake, a popular recreational area for boating, fishing and water sports. Athletes will complete one loop, entering and exiting the water at the South Boat Dock. After a short, 20-yard run to transition, the 56-mile bike course ventures through the rolling terrain of Southwest Douglas County. Athletes praise the varied course, since they encounter winding, flat stretches of road as well as steep pitches and challenging hills. To local cyclists, this includes the “Iron-Cross,” the intersecting county roads of 1023 and 458.
A two-loop, 13.1-mile run through Clinton State Park Campground will bring the day to a close. It is here that athletes may catch a glimpse of white tail deer, quail and turkeys, since native wildlife is abundant. And since this is Kansas, after all, you can also look forward to the support of Dorothy, the Scarecrow and Tin Man cheering you on at the finish.
Members who are scheduled to race: baran072597, bmill027, coors1, crazylife99, danschmitzstl, Dub_Z, enzimmerman, ernieinky, indielight, longhorns92, m.a.burghart, marc1estes, Nathan Stearns, njarch, reecealan, ricksgirl, runningdrummer, samish15, sbr2007, stvn.schneider, tebrown04, tim.mccurry5, zfrank5