Ironman 70.3 New Orleans
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: April 19, 2015
New Orleans, Louisiana
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (1/2 Ironman)
- Distances: Swim (2112.00 yards) Bike (56.00 miles) Run (13.10 miles)
- Organization: World Triathlon Corporation
- Website: http://www.ironmanneworleans.com
- Contact email: email@example.com
- Description: In 2012, the 1.2-mile swim was moved to South Shore Harbor, where it follows a unique N-pattern through protected waters.
The 56-mile out-and-back bike course takes competitors out of town and through the Bayou Sauvage National Wildlife Refuge, and back into town. The course is flat, and has a tendency to be windy.
The 13.1-mile run begins along the lakeshore, and then dips into town where it traverses Bayou St. John waterway. Athletes then run through City Park's Botanical Gardens, to finish in beautiful City Park.
Members who are scheduled to race: ARitz, artwaggoner, bricklayer, daedalusnyc, lhayden, michaelhunter, Ouch, Robnkauai, sleighfield, Smsynovial, swimdean, TMG73, Tri-a-betic