Ironman Lake Placid
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: July 26, 2015
Lake Placid, New York
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Full Ironman)
- Distances: Swim (4224.00 yards) Bike (112.00 miles) Run (26.20 miles)
- Organization: World Triathlon Corporation
- Website: http://www.ironmanlakeplacid.com/
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Description: IRONMAN Lake Placid is the longest-running American event aside from the IRONMAN World Championship Kailua-Kona, Hawaii. Located in the beautiful Adirondack mountains, it's an accessible event for every athlete's bucket list.
Having hosted two Olympic Games (1932 and 1980), this charming town knows how to deliver a world-class athletic event. It's also the home of one of the most challenging IRONMAN courses with its famous Adirondack climbs.
Athletes begin with a two-loop swim in clear Mirror Lake, with the famous sight line lining the bottom of the lake. Transitioning in the Olympic Speed Skating Oval to the bike, the rolling mountain views provide a scenic backdrop. Two loops of 56 miles bring competitors back to the Oval once again, where they begin their 26.2-mile run through the town and around the lake.
Members who are scheduled to race: berman77, BobCase, brendanc007, Egan10980, haight2, jackiep, Jayabusa, JRF1980, kcgolf, kwed, miamiamy, RobbyN210, roywidget, sjh93, stevepiv, toucan