Ironman 70.3 SuperFrog
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: September 27, 2015
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (1/2 Ironman)
- Distances: Swim (2112.00 yards) Bike (56.00 miles) Run (13.10 miles)
- Organization: World Triathlon Corporation
- Website: http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/events/americas/ironman-70.3/superfrog
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Description: The original and longest running half-distance race, the SUPERFROG Triathlon was founded in 1979. The challenging course was designed by a group of Navy Seals stationed at the US Navy Seals center in Coronado to both prepare them for the IRONMAN World Championship in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii and to enhance their training.
IRONMAN 70.3 SUPERFROG will begin with a two-loop 1.2-mile swim in the open Pacific Ocean. Athletes will then embark on a four-loop, 56-mile bike course that travels along scenic Highway 75. The course is flat and fast and features beautiful ocean views. The two-loop, 13.1-mile run offers mixed terrain, including sand, trails and pavement. The course takes athletes up and down the California coastline and through the Silver Strand Training Complex/Naval Special Warfare Advanced Training Command. An energetic finish line awaits athletes just off of the beach.
Members who are scheduled to race: bvivero, Galas2, maverett262, rramirez1