Playa Del Rey Triathlon - Sprint Course
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: October 14, 2012
- Address: Dockweiler State Beach,
Playa del Rey, California Get directions
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Sprint)
- Organization: VBC Multisport LLC.
- Website: http://www.playadelreytri.com/
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Description: Set along the beautiful bluffs of Dockweiler State Beach in Playa Del Rey, competitors can select between a sprint-distance (600 meter swim, 20K bike, and 5K run) or International-distance (1200m swim, 40K bike, and 10K run) event. The PDR Tri is a fundraiser for collegiate triathlon and a portion of the proceeds are donated to the UCLA & USC Triathlon Teams. Over the last four years the Playa Del Rey Triathlon has raised $15,000 for the UCLA and USC Triathlon Teams!
600m / 1200m Ocean Swim. The swim is located adjacent to the transition area at Dockweiler Beach. Water temperatures are expected to be in the low to mid 60s. Wetsuits are recommended. Competitors will be sent off in 4 separate waves, spaced 5 minutes apart.
20K / 40K Bike. The bike course is a one-lap (sprint) or two-lap (international) counter-clockwise loop, involving portions of Vista Del Mar, Imperial Hwy, Pershing Dr., and Westchester Parkway. The course has good pavement and is mostly flat, aside from some gradual rollers along Westchester Parkway. Roads are almost entirely closed to vehicle traffic and times should be very fast save for some strong headwinds that often blow through the area.
5K / 10K Run. The run course is an out and back loop along the Dockweiler service road (sprint & international) and Ballona Creek Bike Path (international). Completely flat, competitors can expect extremely fast run times. Aid stations will be located at the 5K turn-around and 10K turn-around.
- Members who are scheduled to race: jeffbayot, tri4maggie