Giant Acorn International
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: September 26, 2015
6800 Lawyers Road,
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Olympic)
- Distances: Swim (1500.00 meters) Bike (42.00 kms) Run (10.00 kms)
- Organization: Set Up Events
- Website: http://www.vtsmts.com/giantacorninternational/
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Description: Swim Course: The 1500 meter swim begins on the beach at Lake Anna State Park. The rectangular shaped course will have 2 right turns and sighting buoys will be located approximately every 75 meters. We expect the water at this time of year and at this section of the lake to be in the low 70's. A temperature reading will be taken and posted the Thursday prior to the event. The water temperature at this location has averaged in the low 70's which is pretty nice for October!
Bike Course: Voted by VTS Staff as the best bike course in the VTS the Giant Acorn International bike course is a one loop 42K course. With a right turn out of the park athletes have great pavement and traverse much of the first part of the Kinetic Half bike course. The pavement is great and the terrain is varied as you traverse rural country roads and cross several causeways across Lake Anna. With a total of 6 right hand turns on the course and a great elevation mix you too will give this course your vote!
Run Course: The International run course is the same as the Sprint course, it's just 2 loops. There is a large hill at the beginning coming out of T2 but it levels off for the middle section of the course. There is a large down hill towards the finish line where athletes will start their second lap of the run. On your second pass athletes will veer 15 degrees into the finishing chute. The course is heavily shaded, well supported and entirely run on asphalt.
Members who are scheduled to race: bassmatt80, DLBoatman