Rev3 Quassy - Half Course
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: June 04, 2017
2132 Middlebury Rd.,
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (1/2 Ironman)
- Distances: Swim (2112.00 yards) Bike (56.00 miles) Run (13.10 miles)
- Organization: Rev3
- Website: http://rev3tri.com/quassy/
- Contact email: email@example.com
- Description: Starting beachside at Quassy athletes will swim out to buoy then they will turn clockwise to hit another buoy and then make their way back to shore. You will basically be swimming a triangle formation. There will be 5 minutes allowed before each wave for a warm up swim.
Join us on a journey through the breathtaking Connecticut countryside. Your triathlon bike ride begins by venturing out onto the scenic rolling hills of historic Middlebury. You will be faced with challenging climbs culminating in gorgeous hilltop views. Long winding descents will take you through pastoral vineyards and over Thomaston dam. This engaging triathlon bike ride will take you past Black Rock State Reservoir – a well known nesting site for Bald Eagles. You will be welcomed into some of Connecticut’s richest farmlands, past historic Bethleham Fairgrounds. Follow the signs and the cheering voices as you pass through Litchfield Town Center on your way back to transition and the amazing Quassy Amusement Park.
The Challenge Quassy course itself is challenging in spots but offers ample flat sections for proper recovery. Whether you are enjoying the scenic view of Lake Quassapaug or the rural beauty of Middlebury, Connecticut’s Historic District this run has something for everyone. The run course gives your family and loved ones plenty of opportunities to view you and cheer you on. Save some energy for the run as you will need it for this course.
Members who are scheduled to race: jayfellows