Pink Power Triathlon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: August 13, 2017
737 Coalfield Rd,
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Sprint)
- Distances: Swim (400.00 meters) Bike (11.40 miles) Run (5.00 kms)
- Organization: Richmond Multisports
- Website: http://www.gotoelevenracing.com/race-calendar/pink-power-triathlon.aspx
- Contact email: 411@RichmondMultisports.com
- Description: Swim: This is a 400 meter "snake" swim in an outdoor 25 meter pool. Ladies start one at a time swim up and down lane 1, go under the lane line, then repeat in lanes 2 through 8 for a total of 400 meters. Swimmers will start at 10-15 second intervals. Swim caps are not required for pool swim triathlons. The swim cut-off time is 18 minutes.
Bike: The 11 mile bike course is on rolling roads through Chesterfield County. Police & directional volunteers will be at all major intersections but the course is not closed to traffic. The main course goes through Charter Colony Parkway. There is a good hill coming back up Charter Colony pkwy, be prepared and do some training on hills to help you prepare. It is a slightly shorter course than most sprints, there is only one hill, piece of cake.
Run: The 5k course follows paved pathways around a beautiful lake through the Midlothian mines park and into adjoining neighborhoods with one hill in "the Grove" neighborhood on your way back to the YMCA. There will be aid stations each mile with water and Powerade. Get ready for your all male volunteers to cheer you on. They are always excited to out on the run course aid stations for you with a new theme at each one! There is a big hill coming out of the Grove on your way back to the Midlo Y. It is downhill on the way out, flat around the lake, rolling in the neighborhood, but the last half mile is tough up hill on Woolridge back home. Be prepared in practice, do some fun hill repeats with a buddy and you will be ready.
Members who are scheduled to race: dluther, hassellmk, smorific