CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: July 26, 2015
- Address: Rainbow Park,
Whistler, British Columbia Get directions
- Country: Canada
- Race type: Triathlon (Full Ironman)
- Distances: Swim (4224.00 yards) Bike (112.00 miles) Run (26.20 miles)
- Organization: World Triathlon Corporation
- Website: http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/events/americas/ironman/canada.aspx#axzz2nHpAbpHg
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Description: The race will start with a two-loop, 2.4-mile swim in the clean, shallow waters of Alta Lake at Rainbow Park, which has an average water temperature of 67 to 72 degrees Fahrenheit in late August. Athletes will enjoy a lakeside transition before starting a one-loop, 112-mile bike course with comparable difficulty to the routes at IRONMAN Lake Placid and IRONMAN Coeur d'Alene.
Athletes will travel south on the Sea-to-Sky Highway before climbing into the Callaghan Valley, site of the Nordic skiing events during the 2010 Winter Olympics. After descending back to the highway, they pass through Whistler on their way north to Pemberton. An flat out-and-back section will open to breathtakingly beautiful views of glaciated peak before returning to Whistler via the Sea-to-Sky Highway over rolling terrain.
The two-loop run course follows the meandering Valley Trail past Lost Lake and Green Lake, allowing spectators to reinvigorate competitors during a return through Whistler Village at the halfway point. Athletes will finish their day in the Whistler Olympic Plaza.
- Members who are scheduled to race: cagerlach, cnsegura, Khyron, smorg, ultramike