CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: August 23, 2015
- Country: Denmark
- Race type: Triathlon (Full Ironman)
- Distances: Swim (3800.00 meters) Bike (180.00 kms) Run (42.20 kms)
- Organization: World Triathlon Corporation
- Website: http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/events/emea/ironman/copenhagen.aspx#axzz2eoidDYZw
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Description: The swim is a 3.8 km one-lap course in the lagoon at Amager Beach Park with excellent spectator views from the shores, as well as atop the three picturesque bridges perched above the action.
For the 180 km bike ride, competitors will wind through central Copenhagen before heading north on two loops in the rolling hills of the island's northern countryside, where lush farmlands create a scenic tour. You may recognize the scenery from the World Road Race Cycling Championships, which took place here in 2011, and will find yourself in a Tour de France-like atmosphere with spectators edging the course.
Once back in downtown Copenhagen, you’ll dismount your bike next to King's New Square and the Danish National Bank. This might be the fastest T2 in the world, as athletes hand over their back and begin the run in just over 50 seconds.
The four-lap run course stretches along the city’s harbor, lined with bright 17th and 18th century row houses and more than 150,000 cheering fans. Copenhageners celebrate the triathletes in front of the Danish Parliament at Christiansborg Castle, creating tremendous crowning moments for every finisher.
Members who are scheduled to race: seandtan, webbjoanna2