Challenge Knoxville - Half Course
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: May 17, 2015
- Address: 1060 Worlds Fair Park Drive ,
Knoxville, Tennessee Get directions
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (1/2 Ironman)
- Distances: Swim (2112.00 yards) Bike (56.00 miles) Run (13.10 miles)
- Organization: Challenge
- Website: http://www.challenge-familyusa.com/challenge-knoxville/
- Contact email: email@example.com
- Description: Previously Rev3 Knoxville
Challenge Knoxville takes place in the site of the 1982 World’s Fair Park. Triathletes will assemble at Volunteer Landing adjacent to Knoxville’s renowned Calhoun’s on the River. Each swim wave will enter the water via the deck at Calhoun’s Restaurant and tread water until the gun sounds. Triathletes will swim up river make the turn and swim back down river exiting at the UT Rowhouse across the street from Neyland Stadium.
Join us on a bike ride which begins adjacent to Neyland Stadium. Athletes will make their way out of Knoxville as they journey out onto the rural country roads of Blount and Knox Counties. Enjoy challenging ascents, rapid descents and picturesque scenery before making your way back in to town.
Athletes will exit the transition area heading out onto Neyland Drive passing the Stadium. The run course will weave its way through the Knoxville Greenway Trail System. Athletes will enjoy a challenging yet scenic course at Challenge Knoxville culminating with an energized finish at World’s Fair Park in downtown Knoxville.
- Members who are scheduled to race: angybby, oalper