CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: October 04, 2015
- Country: Spain
- Race type: Triathlon (Full Ironman)
- Distances: Swim (3800.00 meters) Bike (180.00 kms) Run (41.20 kms)
- Organization: World Triathlon Corporation
- Website: http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/events/emea/ironman/barcelona.aspx#axzz3Cvz5ckHH
- Contact email:
- Description: RONMAN Barcelona will showcase a historic and culturally rich region of Spain. The village of Calella of the Barcelona-Maresme region, on Spain’s eastern coastline on the Mediterranean Sea, hosts what promises to be one of the most spectacular IRONMAN race venues on the circuit.
New for 2015, the bike course has been extended, turning what was 2.5 laps into a two-lap circuit. The extension is in the southern portion of the loop (Barcelona side) and will incorporate the communities of Badalona and Sant Adrià del Besòs. Once the course arrives in Montgat, it will access the C31 motorway where cyclists will make the southern turn-around at the intersection of the River Besos. The course is still very flat and fast and, combined with the rolling swim start, will provide more space for a safe, fair race.
Members who are scheduled to race: cogetelostobillos