CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: July 12, 2014
- Address: 9405 Bryant Farms Rd.,
Charlotte, North Carolina Get directions
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Sprint)
- Distances: Swim (300.00 meters) Bike (12.70 miles) Run (5.00 kms)
- Organization: Jones Racing Company
- Website: http://jonesracingcompany.com
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Description: The swim is a 300 yard pool swim in the Morrison Family YMCA outdoor pool. This is a staggered start event where participants start every 15 seconds at one side of the pool and snake their way up and down each lane as they work towards the other side of the pool. Participants are seeded fastest to slowest and must submit an estimated 100 yard swim time when registering. Swim caps are not provided for pool swim events. If you would like to wear a swim cap, please be sure to bring your own.
The bike course is one 12.7 mile loop departing from the front lot of the Morrison Family YMCA and crossing through the Blakeney community in Mecklenburg County and into Union County via Rea Road. The entire bike course will be open to traffic; however, one lane of Rea Road will be coned off for race participants. As you depart from and return to the facility on your bike, be aware that runners will be running out of the same main corridor. Volunteers will direct you to the bike chute leading you back to the transition area. Please take a few minutes before you report to the pool for your swim launch to assess the access points to and from the transition area.
The 5K run course takes you out North Community House Road into scenic Highgrove neighborhood. This mostly flat course finishes back at the Morrison Family YMCA where plenty of food and activities await you. After you finish your race, spend time meeting the sponsors and eating refreshing food.
- Members who are scheduled to race: jlshafer, sincgars