The Outlaw Triathlon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: July 07, 2013
- Address: National Watersports Centre,
Nottingham, England Get directions
- Country: United Kingdom
- Race type: Triathlon (Full Ironman)
- Distances: Swim (4224.00 yards) Bike (180.00 kms) Run (42.20 kms)
- Organization: One Step Beyond Promotions
- Website: http://www.onestepbeyond.org.uk/the-outlaw-triathlon.php
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Description: The swim takes place in the regatta lake. A single out and back course makes the swim easy to navigate. With transition right next to the swim exit you'll have every opportunity to set a super-quick time and even faster escape onto your bike.
The roads around Nottingham offer great surfaces for fast riding and only the odd short climb to challenge you. The bike course is be fast, but don't underestimate it - it's not totally flat and you'll need to use your whit and experience to get around it with enough left in the legs for the run, especially if it's windy!
On returning to the National Water Sports Centre our merry men will rack your bike and see you out on to the run course around the lake and on to the River Trent path to Trent Bridge and County Hall. The multi-lap course, which has been measured by UK Athletics, offers a feed station every few miles and is lined with supporters willing you all the way to the finish line.
On arrival you will receive a hero's welcome and be crowned a modern day Outlaw. Then you can enjoy the festival atmosphere with thousands of spectators cheering the athletes home until the sun finally sets on a spectacular day of racing.
- Members who are scheduled to race: alexrj, dasschick, Davyboy77