Ironman 70.3 Buffalo Springs Lake
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: June 26, 2016
9999 High Meadow Road,
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (1/2 Ironman)
- Distances: Swim (2112.00 yards) Bike (56.00 miles) Run (13.10 miles)
- Organization: BSLT Triathlon/World Triathlon Corporation
- Website: http://www.buffalospringslaketriathlon.com/
- Contact email: email@example.com
- Description: SWIM: 1.2 mile open water lake swim. Wave starts (approximately 100 per wave), rectangular course counter clockwise, entry at beach area and exit on cement boat dock area, within 20 yards of the transition area. Swim cutoff time is 75 minutes.
Note: The water temperature in Buffalo Springs Lake, on the average, is 70-74 degrees (even during the 113 degree day of 1994 the water temperature was never over 74 degrees). It is a spring fed lake so it stays cool; therefore, you should bring your wetsuits. Wetsuits are allowed with 78 degrees or cooler.
BIKE: 56 miles, modified out and back, out of town farm to market roads, limited traffic, flat with 7 challenging hills, ranging from 2.9% - 8.9% grade and a quarter of a mile to 1.2 miles in length. These are good asphalt roads with some shoulders. Only CPSC-approved helmets are allowed.
RUN: 13.1 miles, asphalt, flat with 3 challenging hills, ranging from 6.4% - 7.6%(not the same hills as found on the bike course) grade. The hills are approximately 300 yards to 880 yards in length. Partially shaded, tough, scenic course. No non-participant pacing allowed. Course cut-off time is 8 1/2 hours.
Members who are scheduled to race: