Freedom's Run Marathon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: October 13, 2012
Shepherdstown, West Virginia
- Country: United States
- Race type: Run (Marathon)
- Distances: Run (26.20 miles)
- Organization: WVU Hospitals
- Website: http://www.freedomsrun.org/
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Description: The entire marathon course is encased in National Park Land, with some brief detours through the country roads and preserved history towns that connect them.
The full marathon is a point to point with a small net elevation loss. You course 4.5 miles Harpers Ferry National Park, cover 10 flat miles on C&O Canal, roll over a country road to Antietam Battlefield for 2 miles, cover 5 rolling miles of the rich land of Antietam, and finish with 4.5 flat to downhill miles into Shepherdstown.
Members who are scheduled to race: