XTERRA Epic Rustman
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: May 04, 2013
- Address: Lincoln Parish Park,
Ruston, Louisiana Get directions
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Other)
- Organization: DLT Event Management
- Website: http://www.dltmultisport.com/
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Description: The Swim has a beach start. The course is a skewed Triangle with the buoys being on your left. This is a small lake you will be within a couple of hundred yards of shore most of the time during the swim. The exit is on a beach with roughly a 100 yard run to transition. The same Swim area will be used for both Off Road Triathlons. The 1 mile (Epic) swim will be two 880 yard laps with a beach run between laps. The Sprint Tri will be one 880 yard lap. Expected water temp will be in the mid to upper 70's. USAT wet suit rules will apply.
The bike has a well marked course, you can't get lost. This Course has had many notable pros ride it in the past. Tomac, Overend, Ricatello, Pigg... They all love it. 80% single track, 20% double. This thing has it all. Some sections are tight and twisty, others are big chain ring, a couple of knurly little downhill's, climbing, rocks roots and trees.... Man this thing is fun! The Sprint race is one 10 mile lap. The Epic course is three 10 mile loops.
The run is a combination of single track and forest road. Several creek crossings, a few obstacles and undulating terrain. The last run for the Gator is one lap of a 3.35 mile course. The Epic is three laps of a 3.35 mile course.
- Members who are scheduled to race: