Kettle Moraine 100 Mile
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: June 01, 2013
- Address: ,
LaGrange, Wisconsin Get directions
- Country: United States
- Race type: Run (Ultra Marathon)
- Organization: Kettle Moraine 100 Endurance Runs
- Website: http://www.kettle100.com
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Description: Solo and relay.
The course will run entirely on trails (except for a couple hundred feet of road crossings) and will traverse the Ice Age National Scenic Trail (IANST) for about 65 miles. The runners deviate from the IANST when near the Nordic Trails at the start/finish and also near the Scuppernong turn around at miles 26-36.
The course consists of 2 different out and back sections. You will find the trail to be about 80% wooded terrain, with the rest meandering through gentle prairie or marsh areas. Part of the course will be a roller coaster of hills, with small rocks and roots scattered about. Other sections will be gently rolling with relatively smooth running surfaces. The pine sections give you that soft bed of pine needles that so many of us like to run on.
- Members who are scheduled to race: djdavey