Azalea Sprint Triathlon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: March 07, 2015
- Address: ,
Wilmington, North Carolina Get directions
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Sprint)
- Distances: Swim (300.00 yards) Bike (9.00 miles) Run (5.00 kms)
- Organization: Set Up Events
- Website: http://www.setupevents.com/?fuseaction=event_detail&eventID=2686
- Contact email:
- Description: The swim is a 300 yard pool swim in the UNCW natatorium. Participants start at one side of the pool and snake their way up and down each lane as they work towards the other side of the pool. Being a pool swim race, participants must submit an estimated 100 yard swim time when registering.
The bike course is one 9 mile loop. The course is flat and takes place on the UNCW campus and also on the neighborhood roads that surround the UNCW campus. The roads are open to traffic - but traffic is usually fairly light. This is a fast bike course.
The 5K run course tours UNCW campus sidewalk system taking in the sights such as the clock and makes a turn very close to the UNCW water tower. The course is totally flat and moderately shaded.
- Members who are scheduled to race: albertol, crwatts29, mculp, mozella.mason, otreblazepol, pgorman, sincgars