Musselman Half-Iron Triathlon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: July 12, 2015
Seneca Lake State Park,
Geneva, New York
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (1/2 Ironman)
- Distances: Swim (2112.00 yards) Bike (56.00 miles) Run (13.10 miles)
- Organization: Musselman Triathlon
- Website: http://www.musselmantri.com/
- Contact email:
- Description: The single-loop swim features an in-the-water start and deep water throughout. Waves are typically 110-150 swimmers each, guided by skilled kayakers. Struggling swimmers will be helped to shore. Water temperature is typically in the mid-70's, so expect wetsuits to be allowed.
The rolling, single-loop bike course debuted in 2008 for the fifth anniversary race. Starting from Seneca Lake State Park, it traverses the byways of Seneca County to the east of Seneca Lake, including long stretches of shoreline on both Seneca and Cayuga Lakes. You'll pass wineries on the Seneca and Cayuga Wine Trails, penitentiaries, small towns, Mennonite farming regions (look out for horse & buggies!), and a shady stretch in Sampson State Park.
The single-loop run heads west along a lakefront path and winds its way through the city of Geneva. After a quick jaunt through the gardens of Houghton House and quintessential Geneva neighborhoods, the route weaves north through vineyards and the campus of Hobart & William Smith Colleges before returning downtown and a finishing stretch along the same lakefront path from which it began.
Members who are scheduled to race: Bentley792003, cliffr, cnichole09, kenj, mw22, TriMyBest