MiTitanium - Full Iron Course
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: August 24, 2014
- Address: Versluis Park,
Grand Rapids, Michigan Get directions
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Full Ironman)
- Distances: Swim (4224.00 meters) Bike (112.00 miles) Run (26.20 miles)
- Organization: Tris4Health
- Website: http://www.mititanium.com/
- Contact email: email@example.com
- Description: The Michigan Titanium is the first full Iron distance race in Michigan. We felt it was time to bring a USAT Sanctioned Full & Half Iron-Distance Triathlon to West Michigan. There are no other events of this caliber in this area. We feel this event will not only bring top athletes from across the country, it will also encourage a less experienced triathlete to participate in these next level events.
The main venue for the Mi Titanium is Versluis Park in Plainfield township. A 1.2 mile loop swim will be in Versluis Lake a very clean and clear lake that does not allow the use of gas motors. The Full Tri will be a double loop swim and the Half Tri will be a single loop. The Bike will leave the park on Northland drive and quickly turn on Cannonsburg Rd, heading east and then north on an out & back course. The Full Tri will be a 112 mile bike and the Half Tri will be 56 miles. Following transition back at Versluis Park, the run will head south on Northland Drive to Grand River Ave. The out & back run course will go through Plainfield, Ada and Grand Rapids Townships, remaining east of the Beltline. The Full Tri is a double lap 26.2 marathon distance and the Half Tri will be one lap at 13.1.
We also offer an half and full aqua bike option which is the swim/bike portion of each full race and we encourage relay team participation.
- Members who are scheduled to race: