White Lake Sprint Triathlon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: April 13, 2014
- Address: 1247 Hwy 53 East,
Elizabethtown, North Carolina Get directions
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Sprint)
- Distances: Swim (750.00 meters) Bike (14.00 miles) Run (5.00 kms)
- Organization: Set Up Events
- Website: http://www.setupevents.com/?fuseaction=event_detail&eventID=2552
- Contact email:
- Description: Swim: The basic reason that both White Lake races (the Half and the Sprint) have become so popular over the years is the lake itself. White Lake is one of the finest lakes you will ever have the pleasure to swim in – a perfect oval, two miles long and one mile across. The lake which is fed by subterranean springs is crystal clear with a sand bottom – about nine feet deep out in the very middle. Most mornings, White Lake is so perfectly flat; you’d swear you were looking at a sheet of ice. This is an in-water start with participants lining up with the end of the two piers/docks at the NCFFA Center. The swim course is a triangular shaped course. Participants exit the water at the end of the easternmost pier/dock and run about 300 yards to the transition area. The water temperature at White Lake is usually very close to the USAT threshold temperature of 78 degrees. Check out the USA Triathlon wetsuit rules if you’re not familiar with them – the rules can be found on the following link.
Bike: The bike course is a two-lap course - each lap being 7 miles in length. The course circles White Lake and is very fast. There are only 2 right hand turns on this course, the pavement is smooth, and there are no hills whatsoever.
Run: The 5K run is an out & back course. Other than the first 1/4 mile and the final 1/4 mile - the remainder of the run takes place in the Waterford Estates development along the lakefront. There is a decent amount of shade on this course - which is flat.
- Members who are scheduled to race: Gixxerblade, greglong, MJacaruso, Mkanaby, pbe1104, sr12hamilton, stuartgilbert, Theidman, WillRumley