White Lake Spring Sprint Triathlon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: May 03, 2015
1247 Hwy 53 East,
Elizabethtown, North Carolina
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Sprint)
- Distances: Swim (750.00 meters) Bike (14.00 miles) Run (5.00 kms)
- Organization: Set Up Events
- Website: http://www.setupevents.com/?fuseaction=event_detail&eventID=2690
- Contact email:
- Description: Swim: The basic reason that both White Lake races (the Half and the Sprint) have become so popular over the years is the lake itself. White Lake is one of the finest lakes you will ever have the pleasure to swim in – a perfect oval, two miles long and one mile across. The lake which is fed by subterranean springs is crystal clear with a sand bottom – about nine feet deep out in the very middle. Most mornings, White Lake is so perfectly flat; you’d swear you were looking at a sheet of ice. This is an in-water start with participants lining up with the end of the two piers/docks at the NCFFA Center. The swim course is a triangular shaped course. Participants exit the water at the end of the easternmost pier/dock and run about 300 yards to the transition area. Expect the water temp to be in the high 60s to the low 70s. This WILL be a wetsuit legal race. If the water temperature is below 65 degrees this event will become a wetsuit mandatory event.
Bike: The bike course is a two-lap course - each lap being 7 miles in length. The course circles White Lake and is very fast. There are only 2 right hand turns on this course, and there are no hills whatsoever.
Run: The 5K run is an out & back course. Runners take a right out of the FFA center onto Hwy 53, down 53. Run behind the Wam Squam onto 701, turn around and back to the FFA Center.
Members who are scheduled to race: cgrash1410, crwatts29, nrpoulin, pgorman, sincgars, stuartgilbert