Box End Park Evening Tri Series: Race 1
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: May 17, 2012
- Address: Box End Park,
Bedford, England Get directions
- Country: United Kingdom
- Race type: Triathlon (Sprint)
- Organization: Box End Tri Series
- Website: http://www.boxendpark.com/
- Contact email: email@example.com
- Description: The races will be a great opportunity for beginners to have a go at racing in a short distance, friendly event. They are also perfect for those looking to monitor their fitness during the season over a set competitive distance. You may enter the whole series [your best 3 results count towards the overall positions] or just 1 or 2 races.
Time: 7pm start
Cost: £10 per competition
The race details:
750 m open water swim [one length of the boat lake]. Wet suits are not compulsory unless water temperatures are below 11C. If the water temperature is 24C or above then wet suits are not allowed. Please allow time to swim/walk to far end of lake for the start.
The transition area will be marked out on the far side of the foot bridge over the lake connection channel. No racking provided.
10k off road bike: 2 laps of the permanent off road training course [an undulating mainly grass & track route]. Suitable for mountain, cyclo-cross or hybrid bikes. Road bikes can be used at your own discretion [but not recommended]. Wearing of a approved helmet is compulsory.
5k trail run: 1 lap of the permanent off road training course. Note this is a trail run with ruts, holes etc. Care must be taken as bikes and runners will be sharing the same course.
- Members who are scheduled to race: