Aaron Vaughn Memorial Frogman Swim - 1K
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: June 30, 2012
- Address: Jensen Beach Park,
Jensen Beach, Florida Get directions
- Country: United States
- Race type: Swim
- Organization: Aaron Vaughn Memorial Frogman Swim
- Website: http://avmfs.us/
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Description: This open water swim (fixed buoy course) will honor one of America's finest. Aaron Vaughn, a member of DEVGRU (SEAL Team VI), was KIA on Aug. 6th, 2011 when a Chinook helicopter crashed in the Tangi River Valley of Afghanistan. All 30 American warriors on board lost their lives that day. This crash represented the single largest loss of life in Naval Special Warfare history.
Due to the nature of the event, it has been decided that unique awards will be given in only the "overall" 1st, 2nd, & 3rd places for both men and women in each race (200yd, 1k, 5k) All registrants will receive a free lunch for our award celebration and a sports bag full of goodies, including a specially designed, one-of-a-kind T-shirt from "Forged Clothing~ An American Brand" (A San Diego company founded by 2 Navy SEALs)
This will be a family-fun day. Events will be planned throughout the morning to entertain children. Food & drink will be available.
- Members who are scheduled to race: buc20