Goosepond Island Half Distance Triathlon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: September 07, 2014
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (1/2 Ironman)
- Distances: Swim (2112.00 yards) Bike (56.00 miles) Run (13.10 miles)
- Organization: Goosepond Island Half Distance Triathlon
- Website: http://goosepondislandhalfdistancetriathlon.com/
- Contact email: email@example.com
- Description: The 1.2 mile swim will be in the pristine waters of Lake Guntersville. The triathlon will have wave starts beginning at 7 a.m. Triathletes will follow the boueys in a half moon arch across the water before ending at the Goosepond ampitheater. The protected waters of Lake Guntersville will have little or no current and should offer triathletes a great opportunity for a personal record swim time for the distance.
The 56 mile bike makes use of the natural terrrain of the area. Scottsboro is located in the Sequatchie Valley in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. Triathletes will exit Goosepond Colony and bike towards the historic Jackson County Courthouse. Once past the courthouse square, triathletes will head out to the surrounding countryside for a fast ride along rural roads. The bike route will have one easy climb to test the triathletes biking fitness before heading back to transition.
The 13.1 mile run will have triathletes leave transition and run along the golf course before turning into the campground. After circling a part of the campground runners will run along an access road before returning on the paved path towards transition. The paved path will shade runners and give them views of Lake Guntersville as well as plentiful wildlife. Triathletes will enjoy the finishline as they return to transition and finish in front of their family and friends at the ampitheater.
Members who are scheduled to race: Mkirkman