MightyMan Half Iron Triathlon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: October 01, 2017
Montauk, New York
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (1/2 Ironman)
- Distances: Swim (2112.00 yards) Bike (56.00 miles) Run (13.10 miles)
- Organization: EventPower
- Website: http://www.eventpowerli.com/races/MightyMan/MMH/MightyMan-Half-home
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Description: Montauk is one of the birth places of triathlon. The sport is growing and athletes want to challenge themselves with longer events. There are few metro area triathlons of this distance. In addition to providing a venue for the athletes, this event will showcase Montauk at a time when the weather is still nice but the summer crowds are not as heavy.
SWIM - 1.2 Miles: Swim is an out and back in Fort Pond. This is a fresh water swim with temperatures in the mid to upper 60's. Wetsuits are recommended, but not mandatory.
BIKE - 56 Miles (2 laps): The scenic bike course is two 28 mile laps with rolling hills and beautiful ocean and bay views. It has 2200 feet of total elevation gain.
RUN - 13.1 Miles (2 laps): The run is two laps on a challenging hilly 6.55 mile course with 806 feet of total elevation gain. The two lap course is quite challenging; after a rolling 3 miles, you hit "Murder Hill" followed by two other challenging climbs and the "Pits", a great accomplishment for your race season!
Race Start: 6:50 AM
Members who are scheduled to race: mscotthall