Lake Logan International Triathlon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: August 02, 2014
- Address: 154 Suncrest Mill Road,
Canton, North Carolina Get directions
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Olympic)
- Distances: Swim (1500.00 meters) Bike (40.00 kms) Run (10.00 kms)
- Organization: Set Up Events
- Website: http://www.setupevents.com/?fuseaction=event_detail&eventID=2596
- Contact email:
- Description: Welcome to the Lake Logan Multisport Festival and beautiful Lake Logan. Athletes from across the county have been coming here since 2006 and found the perfect combination of beautiful scenery, fast courses, cool temperatures and amazing volunteers. It is no wonder so many of them come back year after year.
Lake Logan may be the most beautiful triathlon venue in the country. The 1500 meter swim in this pristine mountain lake has a unique course starting near the main docks but finishing under the highway bridge in the mouth of the river. The 24-mile bike course is a lollipop shape and unusual for the mountains in that it is mostly flat and very fast. The 10K-run course is an out-and-back along a two-lane, tree canopied road along the river. It has a 1-2% grade on the outbound leg, almost guaranteeing a negative split on the downhill inbound leg.
- Members who are scheduled to race: champard, Jeremy Stephenson, kbrennan2, sschaar