Lake Logan International Triathlon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: August 03, 2013
- Address: 154 Suncrest Mill Road,
Canton, North Carolina Get directions
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Olympic)
- Organization: Set Up Events
- Website: http://www.setupevents.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=event_detail&eventID=2399
- Contact email:
- Description: The 1500 meter swim course is a clockwise rectangle with an in water start. Water temperature is expected to be near 70 degrees and wetsuits will be allowed. Athletes will exit the water after swimming beneath the highway bridge and into the creek mouth. From here it is a short run along a grass field into Transition.
The 40km bike course is one loop with no significant climbing. There is one small ascent at the beginning and end of the bike but otherwise this course is surprisingly flat and fast as athletes circle the valley in the shadow of Cold Mountain. Traffic is light to moderate and road surfaces are good to excellent. Turns are marked with pavement arrows and directional signs. Volunteers and police man each intersection.
The 10km run is an out and back course with the first 5k gradually climbing up towards the Blue Ridge parkway, winding alongside the cool mountain streams. The ascent toward the turn around is so gradual runners don't realize they have been going up until they have hit the turn around marker and started the final 5k toward the finish line. Aid stations will be positioned every mile on this lightly traveled road.
- Members who are scheduled to race: JAYTAY777, jmkizer, riltri