Kid Power Triathlon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: July 28, 2013
1800 Ignacio Blvd,
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Other)
- Organization: Flower Power Sports
- Website: http://www.flowerpowersports.com/wordpress/events/
- Contact email: email@example.com
- Description: Every child will receive a finisher’s medal in this non-intimidating event where the focus is on fun, fitness, and giving kids a taste of the growing sport of youth triathlon. The race will be staffed with experienced triathletes, and plenty of volunteers will be on hand to provide support prior to the race and out on the course. Event distances are designed by age group, so that every child can make it to the finish line with ease.
Swim – The swim will take place in a 25 yd pool, with 2 swimmers placed in each lane. There will be wave starts based on age group, with the oldest athletes (13-14 year olds) starting first.
Bike – The bike will be an out and back loop on campus roads with plenty of volunteers to provide safety, support and direction.
Run – The run will be an out and back loop on a wide dirt trail.
Event Distances by age group are as follows:
Ages 6-7 : 25 yard swim, 1 mile bike, ¼ mile run
Ages 8-9: 50 yard swim, 1.5 mile bike, ½ mile run
Ages 10-12: 100 yard swim, 2.5 mile bike, 1 mile run
Ages 13-14: 200 yard swim, 5 mile bike (2 loops of the course), 2 mile run
Members who are scheduled to race: