mini-Mussel Sprint Triathlon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: July 08, 2016
Seneca Lake State Park,
Geneva, New York
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Sprint)
- Distances: Swim (750.00 meters) Bike (16.10 miles) Run (3.10 miles)
- Organization: Musselman Triathlon
- Website: http://www.musselmantri.com
- Contact email:
- Description: The deep-water swim course takes place in a canal connecting Seneca Lake to the Seneca River, with an in-the-water start and excellent spectator viewing for the entirety. Water temperature is typically in the mid-70's, so expect wetsuits to be allowed.
The bike includes sections of the half-iron course. It winds through Seneca County on the east side of Seneca Lake, on lightly-trafficked, scenic roads dotted with vineyards. The course has rolling hills, but no big climbs.
The sprint run loops through expansive Seneca Lake State Park and Geneva's Lakefront Park, with most of the distance on a lakeside path. The course is completely flat and well-shaded with ancient weeping willow trees.
Members who are scheduled to race: