Lake Logan Half
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: August 02, 2014
- Address: 154 Suncrest Mill Road,
Canton, North Carolina Get directions
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (1/2 Ironman)
- Distances: Swim (2112.00 yards) Bike (56.00 miles) Run (13.10 miles)
- Organization: Set Up Events
- Website: http://www.setupevents.com/?fuseaction=event_detail&eventID=2599
- Contact email:
- Description: In 2014 the AAA North Carolina Triathlon Series welcomes a new Half Iron distance to the series. This new addition to the Lake Logan Multisport Festival will welcome athletes from across the country, as well as welcome back those have been coming here since 2006 and found the perfect combination of beautiful scenery, fast courses, cool temperatures and amazing volunteers. It is no wonder so many of them come back year after year.
Lake Logan may be the most beautiful triathlon venue in the country. The 1.2 mile one lap swim in this pristine mountain lake has a unique course starting near the main docks but finishing under the highway bridge in the mouth of the river. The56 mile two loop bike course is a lollipop shape and unusual for the mountains in that it is mostly flat and very fast. The 13.1 mile two loop run course is an out-and-back along a two-lane, tree canopied road along the river. It has a 1-2% grade on the outbound leg, almost guaranteeing a negative split on the downhill inbound leg.
- Members who are scheduled to race: Ace5880, cajor111, DavidKSC, grinch68, jermaine.counts78, MJacaruso, Sean6364r