CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: September 27, 2014
- Address: ,
Langkawi Island, Get directions
- Country: Malaysia
- Race type: Triathlon (Full Ironman)
- Distances: Swim (3800.00 meters) Bike (112.00 miles) Run (26.20 miles)
- Organization: World Triathlon Corporation
- Website: http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/events/asiapac/ironman/malaysia.aspx#axzz2kqsUaaWh
- Contact email: email@example.com
- Description: IRONMAN makes its much anticipated return to Langkawi Island in September 2014. Located within a cluster of tropical islands that attract visitors the world over, the race will take athletes on a truly Malaysian cultural journey through tropical, hilly and demanding terrain passing traditional kampungs (villages), mangrove clusters and rainforest vistas.
The ocean swim starts from a sandy beach on Legenda Park with a two-loop triangle out to Eagle Point and back. A two-loop bike course heads out of Kuah town on to an anti-clockwise loop from the Southeast up around Gunung Raya mountain and into the northwest. Athletes return to Kuah town for the run: four loops that wind through Legenda Park, market places and the local stadium before returning to cross the line at Dataran Lang—where the giant eagle sculpture creates a formidable backdrop for this already imposing finish line.
- Members who are scheduled to race: ansuman.83, garyleem2000, IndoIronYanti, joshua_guam, JoshuaBlackburn, MrUniqueName, vag98