Ironman 70.3 Lake Tahoe
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: September 21, 2014
- Address: ,
Lake Tahoe, California Get directions
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (1/2 Ironman)
- Distances: Swim (2112.00 yards) Bike (56.00 miles) Run (13.10 miles)
- Organization: World Triathlon Corporation
- Website: http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/events/americas/ironman-70.3/lake-tahoe.aspx#axzz2zX5PFOPc
- Contact email: email@example.com
- Description: Race morning starts at the Kings Beach State Recreation Area where sandy, beach-front shores deliver athletes to the clean, clear waters of North Lake Tahoe. After the lakeside transition riders enjoy spectacular views down the 21-mile length of the lake as riders enter Tahoe City. The course takes athletes through the Truckee River corridor, following the Truckee River past Squaw Valley and into the town of Truckee. Here the course turns south back toward the lake, rolling past Northstar California and the start of the climb to Brockway Summit at a 7,200 foot elevation.
Back at Kings Beach, athletes go back through Tahoe City before finishing at Squaw Valley, home to the 1960 Winter Olympics. With a transition at Squaw Valley, runners head back up the Truckee River corridor along the Truckee River bike path. The relatively flat run course follows one of the most scenic stretches in the world before returning back to Squaw Valley and the satisfying finish of IRONMAN 70.3 Lake Tahoe.
- Members who are scheduled to race: 8btMarlon, brumby11, scmorrison, usmc941