Ironman 70.3 Lake Tahoe
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: September 20, 2015
Lake Tahoe, California
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (1/2 Ironman)
- Distances: Swim (2112.00 yards) Bike (56.00 miles) Run (13.10 miles)
- Organization: World Triathlon Corporation
- Website: http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/events/americas/ironman-70.3/lake-tahoe
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Description: Race morning starts at the Kings Beach State Recreation Area, where sandy shores deliver athletes to the clean, clear waters of North Lake Tahoe. A lakeside transition and the start of the bike course bring riders along the shore with spectacular views down the 21-mile length of the lake as riders enter Tahoe City. Cyclists race through the Truckee River corridor, following the Truckee River past Squaw Valley and into the town of Truckee. Here the course turns south back toward the lake, rolling past Northstar California and the start of the climb to Brockway Summit at a 7,200 foot elevation.
With a transition at Squaw Valley, home to the 1960 Winter Olympics, runners will proceed back up the Truckee River corridor along the Truckee River bike path. Athletes will be treated to a relatively flat course along one of the most scenic pathways in the world before returning back to Squaw Village's satisfying finish line.
Members who are scheduled to race: eagreenley