Atomic Man Triathlon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: October 04, 2015
2009 Grubb Rd.,
Lenior City, Tennessee
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (1/2 Ironman)
- Distances: Swim (2112.00 yards) Bike (56.00 miles) Run (13.10 miles)
- Organization: Endurance Sports Management
- Website: http://endurancesportsmanagement.com/
- Contact email: email@example.com
- Description: The Atomic Man Triathlon is Tennessees oldest half iron distance event and part of the ATOMIC WEEKEND along with the Atomic Sprint Triathlon & Duathlon. 2015 celebrates the 13th year of the event that has won praises from athletes, spectators and officials as one of the best half iron distance races in the Eastern US. Awards 3 deep in 5 year age groups, Finishers Medal & apparel, packet includes shirts, race socks, Hammer Products & more. Over $1k in door prizes from Rudy Project, XX2iOptics, XTERRA Wet Suits, GU & more.
The swim is a wave start from just outside the swim area at the dam end. The course will be a two loop rectangle finishing on the beach of the swim area. Swimmers will exit to beach each loop, re-entering after lap one. Keep buoys to your Right. Follow flagging to transition area. Water temp approx. 73.
Bike course is shaped like a "T". Ride starts from the bottom for first and last 7 miles and completes two loops of the top for a total of 56 miles. Two water bottle exchanges at 22 & 43 miles. Cedar Bluff Cycles will be on-site for bike adjustments and help on the bike course.
The run is a scenic route through the TVA park, right on Woodlawn Road to left on Buttermilk, (Cones will mark course side of road – stay near cones to avoid cars). Follow to left on Davis Road to turnaround at Rocky Top Road. Return back same route to first loop turnaround just inside park. Runners will pass 14 aid stations on the two-loop course. Each will be will be ready with Gatorade, oranges, Hammer Gel, pretzels, water and ice. Race number will be marked at the three turn-arounds.
Members who are scheduled to race: crusty, jmkizer, Trione23