Kiawah Island Triathlon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: September 16, 2012
1 Beachwalker Drive,
Kiawah Island, South Carolina
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Olympic)
- Distances: Swim (1500.00 meters) Bike (45.00 kms) Run (10.00 kms)
- Organization: Charleston Triathlon Club
- Website: http://www.charlestontriathlonclub.com/entries.html
- Contact email: email@example.com
- Description: Swim: 1.5 K swim is a point to point ocean swim with the current. The swim exits the water onto the beach and participants enter the transition area via a sand trail. Although not necessary, wetsuits are allowed.
Bike: 45K bike is a T-shaped route with two turn-a-rounds. One at the Kiawah Ocean Golf Course and one at Bohicket Rd. It is flat and fast with unparalleled scenic views of ocean and marsh. Helmets must be worn on the bike. No riding in the transition area.
Run: 10K run exits the transition area via the sand trail with the first mile being run on the hard packed sand of Kiawah's beautiful beach. The remainder is on flat, well shaded paved roads with several out and back portions.
Members who are scheduled to race: CarolinaDiver, jwaddle, scantey, steveo1012, Tjslade44