in reply to: #1145213

User image

Expert
Frisco TX (DFW area)
Subject: RE: LA Fitness Pool Length
Gaarryy - 2008-01-09 11:18 AM
gleser - 2008-01-09 9:07 AM
Gaarryy - 2008-01-08 11:32 PM

Both the 24hr fitness I swim at are 25 meters..

They are building one just a few miles up the road hopefully it will be also

It is like all the others it should be 25 meters the new ones follow the same format but who knows - I am about 1/2 mile from that corner - can't wait.

Grayhawk - corner of 423 and Eldorado  

really ??? I'm about 5 miles or so down the road in the colony.. I most likely bike right where your at then.

2008-01-14 9:45 PM
in reply to: #1142622

User image

Expert
Tremonton, Utah

I swim at LA Fitness in Keller.  Based on my swim times and strokes, I'm 99% positive it's only 25 yards!

Now if they'd only put in a decent pace clock!  It would sure help!

For what it's worth, 300 meters translates almost perfectly to 325 yards!

2008-01-15 1:00 PM
in reply to: #1144752

Regular
Little Elm
Have you been able to confirm the one in Little Elm will have a pool? I called The Frisco location and they weren't sure. I live right next to it so I can't wait until it opens!!!

2008-01-15 3:22 PM
in reply to: #1157591

User image

Champion
the colony texas

rzzqb8 - 2008-01-15 1:00 PM Have you been able to confirm the one in Little Elm will have a pool? I called The Frisco location and they weren't sure. I live right next to it so I can't wait until it opens!!!

Yes but No.. Being from back east I know people in construction that carry large amounts of cash in envelopes.. ok not really but I do know one of the guys that delivers the heavy equiptment out to that site, due to the heavy rains we had all last summer they couldn't do any foundation type work or anything else such as digging a pool.  He would take things out there wait around and then hear that they couldn't work that day.  So according to "this guy" there were also looking at plans were and how the pool was going to be.   24hr fitness advertizes that any & every 24 sport location will have a pool in it.    And the sign out there reads that it is going to be a "sport"  So between those two peices of "rock solid" evidence I'm betting that they will have a pool.  

I'm over by stewert creek golf course so I'm farther away from where your at, it's maybe 5-6 miles up the road and now I  go over to the 24 hour in frisco in the mornings,

I believe that the pool where the "take on the heat" tri was held has m-w-f master's swims.  it's almost right behind the home depot in the colony    FYI

2008-01-15 3:33 PM
in reply to: #1157992

User image

Expert
Frisco TX (DFW area)
Gaarryy - 2008-01-15 3:22 PM

rzzqb8 - 2008-01-15 1:00 PM Have you been able to confirm the one in Little Elm will have a pool? I called The Frisco location and they weren't sure. I live right next to it so I can't wait until it opens!!!

Yes but No.. Being from back east I know people in construction that carry large amounts of cash in envelopes.. ok not really but I do know one of the guys that delivers the heavy equiptment out to that site, due to the heavy rains we had all last summer they couldn't do any foundation type work or anything else such as digging a pool. He would take things out there wait around and then hear that they couldn't work that day. So according to "this guy" there were also looking at plans were and how the pool was going to be. 24hr fitness advertizes that any & every 24 sport location will have a pool in it. And the sign out there reads that it is going to be a "sport" So between those two peices of "rock solid" evidence I'm betting that they will have a pool.

I'm over by stewert creek golf course so I'm farther away from where your at, it's maybe 5-6 miles up the road and now I go over to the 24 hour in frisco in the mornings,

I believe that the pool where the "take on the heat" tri was held has m-w-f master's swims. it's almost right behind the home depot in the colony FYI

X2 - it is suppose to have a pool  

2008-01-15 8:35 PM
in reply to: #1158031

Regular
Little Elm
I saw the sign that said it was supposed to be a "sport", but it has actually gone back and forth from saying "sport" and "active" thus my confusion. A month or so ago I noticed there are actually 2 signs. One off Eldorado and one off 423, one says sport and the other says active. I guess we will have to keep our fingers crossed and wait and see. Hopefully, your inside information is good. The lady I talked to at the Frisco locations said she "thought" it was going to be a sport and that there would be a pool.

I currently swim with the master's group at the Frisco ISD natatorium so it won't be a huge loss. It would just be nice to have a pool that is always open for lap swim.

Thanks!

gleser - 2008-01-15 3:33 PM

Gaarryy - 2008-01-15 3:22 PM

Yes but No.. Being from back east I know people in construction that carry large amounts of cash in envelopes.. ok not really but I do know one of the guys that delivers the heavy equiptment out to that site, due to the heavy rains we had all last summer they couldn't do any foundation type work or anything else such as digging a pool. He would take things out there wait around and then hear that they couldn't work that day. So according to "this guy" there were also looking at plans were and how the pool was going to be. 24hr fitness advertizes that any & every 24 sport location will have a pool in it. And the sign out there reads that it is going to be a "sport" So between those two peices of "rock solid" evidence I'm betting that they will have a pool.

I'm over by stewert creek golf course so I'm farther away from where your at, it's maybe 5-6 miles up the road and now I go over to the 24 hour in frisco in the mornings,

I believe that the pool where the "take on the heat" tri was held has m-w-f master's swims. it's almost right behind the home depot in the colony FYI

X2 - it is suppose to have a pool  

2008-01-17 2:40 PM

User image

Veteran
Texas
Has anyone ever measured the 24hr Fitness pool in Allen? They tell me it's 25 meters, but I have a hard time believing it! If it truly is meters, then taking a couple months off from swimming has made me faster! I think I might take some more time off if that's the only way for me to get faster!
2008-01-17 4:16 PM
in reply to: #1162377

User image

Champion
Butler
sportysue - 2008-01-17 2:40 PM Has anyone ever measured the 24hr Fitness pool in Allen? They tell me it's 25 meters, but I have a hard time believing it! If it truly is meters, then taking a couple months off from swimming has made me faster! I think I might take some more time off if that's the only way for me to get faster!
I have not measure allen's but I have Lewisville and Las colinas and they are both 25 yards.  I would guess Allen is also.
2008-01-18 12:21 PM

User image

Veteran
Texas
Well, I measured Allen's 24hr Fitness' pool today and it is YARDS. I had my sales guy (who was insisting that it was meters) help me measure. Even the pool technician who works there said that it was meters. So, my suggestion to anyone wondering about a pool is to actually measure it, because the people at the clubs have NO idea, even if they act like they do!

The worst part of it is that that means I didn't get faster during my layoff from swimming! I guess I can't take another two months off from swimming now!
2008-02-05 11:52 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Frisco, Texas
The staff at the 24hr sport and Beltline and the Tollway says it is 25m...I hope that is true.

2008-02-05 12:04 PM
in reply to: #1195383

User image

Champion
the colony texas

trey800hj - 2008-02-05 11:52 AM The staff at the 24hr sport and Beltline and the Tollway says it is 25m...I hope that is true.

it's best just to measure it yourself.  if you don't have something to measure it with take a yardstick or just measure out a cloths line to 25 either meters or yards and have someone hold one end,  But just because it's longer than 25 yds doesn't mean it's 25 meters.  I forget which pool it is, maybe one in the colony that was just under 25 meters. it was 24 meters, one of the workers said that if it was 25 meters they would be consider "____" something and would have to do something different.

2008-08-14 2:19 PM

I contacted LA Fitness Corporate Office. Their representative stated that the pool lengths at LA Fitness facilities in the San Diego Area are approximately 24 METERS in length. When I told him that I called several different locations in the San Diego Area, I received varying answers. I also received inconsistent answers. Feet and yards. The representative also said "If you want to get technical..." I replied "swimmers want to know how far they can go and how long it takes them, doesn't LA Fitness get "technical" when they build a gym to specifications?" This  time, I get the units of measure, I just don't get the exact number. So very frustrating. I will just have to bring my tape measure and measure the pool for myself.   
2008-08-14 2:37 PM
in reply to: #1604114

User image

Champion
Butler
gyao - 2008-08-14 2:19 PM I contacted LA Fitness Corporate Office. Their representative stated that the pool lengths at LA Fitness facilities in the San Diego Area are approximately 24 METERS in length. When I told him that I called several different locations in the San Diego Area, I received varying answers. I also received inconsistent answers. Feet and yards. The representative also said "If you want to get technical..." I replied "swimmers want to know how far they can go and how long it takes them, doesn't LA Fitness get "technical" when they build a gym to specifications?" This  time, I get the units of measure, I just don't get the exact number. So very frustrating. I will just have to bring my tape measure and measure the pool for myself.   
24 meters is 26 yards.  So if the pool is approx 24 meters it is probably just short of 24 and thus 25 yards.  It does suck thought that they don't know in the clubs.  That is why I took a tape measure.
2008-08-14 3:30 PM
in reply to: #1604190

User image

Champion
the colony texas
the rumor I had heard from someone at one of the gyms, [and considering everyone else knows nothing, someone with an intelligent answer stands out] was that if the pool was actually 25 yards or meters, then it could be used for different races, since they don' t want to share the pool they make it just shorter
2012-03-08 6:07 PM
in reply to: #1604114

As old as this thread is, I'm probably beating a dead horse at this point, but:

This wouldn't surprise me.  I swim at a LA Fitness in Los Angeles county (was told it is 25M) and I almost always count my swim strokes.  I swam a newer LA Fitness in Mission Viejo (a bit of a stretch north of San Diego County) last night, and it was 1.5 strokes shorter in length.  I would guess the rep you talked to may be right about 24M pools in S.D. area, and perhaps their newer gyms in Orange County.  The difference is just over 1 yard in length, which sounds about right compared to the difference in my stroke count.

2012-05-04 9:33 PM

User image

Cypress
24 hour at * and westheimer is measure 25m, the LA fitness in Cypress is 25yd
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » LA Fitness Pool Length Rss Feed  

of 2