General Discussion Triathlon Talk » cottage cheese and oatmeal ideas... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-11-23 12:49 PM

New user
Subject: cottage cheese and oatmeal ideas...
I'm looking for them that is, and not necessarily together although I do make the oatmeal pancake recipe I found here all the time (1/2c. oatmeal, 1/2c. eggwhites, 1/4c cottage cheese.....blend together with hand mixer and cook! Yummy, I put frozen berries in mine).....so oatmeal is very good for you and I just don't like a bowl of oatmeal, I think it is the texture. Anybody have any good recipes/ideas for either?

Thanks
Kirsten

2004-11-28 6:10 PM
in reply to: #85915

Master
Colorado
Subject: RE: cottage cheese and oatmeal ideas...
Here's a recipe for a cheesecake made with cottage cheese. It's actually pretty good:

Blueberry Cheesecake

To make the crust, mix these in a large bowl:
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
< cup ground flax seeds
< cup raw oat bran
1 oz fat-free cream cheese, warmed in microwave
1/3 cup water

Stir this mixture until it is all the same consistency, then press into a 9-inch pie pan sprayed with Pam, stretching the crust up the sides of the pan.

Put these in blender:
2 cups lowfat cottage cheese
= package (52 g) powdered Jell-O instant pudding, cheesecake flavor
3 oz. fat-free cream cheese
3 scoops strawberry whey protein powder
*1 cup frozen blueberries and 4 tablespoons granulated Splenda (*see option 2 below before adding these at this stage)

Blend on high until smooth and creamy, adding just enough water to make the blending possible (about <-= cup).

*Blueberry option 2: to make a fancier cheesecake, thaw the blueberries, then stir the Splenda in with them, and use this as a topping for the cheesecake.

Pour the blender mixture into the crusted pan, and refrigerate for 1 hour.

Makes 6 slices
Each slice:
258 k/cal
Fat: 5 g (2s, 1m, 2p)
Carbs: 30 g (2 fiber)
Protein: 25 g
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » cottage cheese and oatmeal ideas... Rss Feed