General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Big Toe Pain Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-02-10 10:16 PM

Subject: Big Toe Pain

2008-02-10 10:24 PM
in reply to: #1204314

Subject: RE: Big Toe Pain
Don't press "enter" until ready. I have pain at the joint of my big toe. It does not hurt all of the time but there are times when running that I land a certain way and can really feel the pain. I think it started a few years ago playing soccer. I really hurts after a long run. Any suggestions on what might be the cause? Anyone else have this experience? I seem to have less mobility in that toe as well.
2008-02-17 9:12 AM
in reply to: #1204327

User image

Veteran
I had the same problem, and the joint would swell and get hot. This is a sign of bursitis (spell check), When I went to an actual shoe store where they actuall examine your feet and your run, they said the brand of shoes I was purchasing was causing it. K
2008-02-18 12:21 PM
in reply to: #1204314

User image

Colorado

My big toe pain, and immobility, was hallux rigidus.  You may want to google it to see if it sounds like what you are experiencing.  You can get cortisone injections for the inflammation (if that's what it is), which I did for a long time.  Then I ruptured a tendon on the top of my foot and since I needed surgery for that, I went ahead and got the joint cleaned up (bone spurs, broken cartilage, bunion) and the 1st metatarsal shortened (to increase the joint space--less wear and tear). 

Anyway, I'm not too happy with the results of my surgery.  I still haven't healed properly, but alot of that is due to a chronic disease I have.  Anyway, that's one of the problems it may be and of all the options, the cortisone had worked best for me.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Big Toe Pain Rss Feed