General Discussion Triathlon Talk » on the topic of locker rooms/sandals... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2008-02-14 4:33 PM
in reply to: #1212980

User image

Subject: RE: on the topic of locker rooms/sandals...
TriMike - 2008-02-14 4:00 PM

We have a pool at home and my wife and I were suspicious of our 5 year old (at the time) peeing in the pool. No matter how we brought it up he would always deny deny deny while looking you in the eye...

Then I heard about some sort of chlorine additive you can add to a pool that supposedly turns color when it comes into contact with urine so I asked the local pool store and they said no way. But I continued with the idea at supper when we were all seated around the table. I brought it up that I recently added a chemical to the pool that will tell me if someone pees in it. I was thinking that would stop anyone from doing it anymore but that was it.

However my youngest in a shaky voice looks at me with his big brown eyes and says: "Dad, I've peed in the pool (long pause) lots of times." Obviously he thought the additive would tell me who HAS peed in the pool....

My wife and I both almost spit our food out we were so caught off guard.........

Priceless moment...

Great story.

I have a friend who was helping babysit a 2 year old girl and they were playing hide and seek. They were hiding in the closet with the girl on my friend's lap and my friend feels a growing warm spot on her leg. Realizing what it was, she asks "Do you need to go to the bathroom?" The little girl replies, quite calmly and truthfully, "No."

2008-02-14 4:53 PM
in reply to: #1210858

User image

Master
West Jordan, UT

I don't pee in the pool cause I have a hard time keeping pool water out of my mouth when I breathe.  Don't want to catch some extra warm water on the return lap. 

Public shower,  if I'm alone and think I won't be seen.  What's the diff.?  People are washing out their arse cracks and armpits in there anyway.  At least pee is bacteria free. 

If I got out of the shower and hit the urinal, someone else would start a rant about the dripping wet naked dude at the urinal.    

2008-02-14 5:05 PM
in reply to: #1213083

User image

Public shower,  if I'm alone and think I won't be seen.  What's the diff.?  People are washing out their arse cracks and armpits in there anyway.  At least pee is bacteria free. 

LOL, so it's wrong if you're caught??  Might want to confer with TriMike's kid on this one.  I think the fact that you wouldn't do it if someone was watching is the key here

As for urine being sterile, not necessarily so.  Maybe when it first exits the kidneys, but I don't know what other cr@p you got going on in the way out..... http://www.medhelp.org/forums/urology/archive/1382.html

2008-02-14 5:09 PM
in reply to: #1210858

User image

Expert
Long Island NY
Peeing in the shower is a response by the body to warm water striking the body.
2008-02-14 5:23 PM
in reply to: #1213101

User image

Master
West Jordan, UT
ChrisM - 2008-02-14 4:05 PM

LOL, so it's wrong if you're caught??  Might want to confer with TriMike's kid on this one.  I think the fact that you wouldn't do it if someone was watching is the key here

As for urine being sterile, not necessarily so.  Maybe when it first exits the kidneys, but I don't know what other cr@p you got going on in the way out..... http://www.medhelp.org/forums/urology/archive/1382.html

But I know what I got going on, so it is OK.   Plus, based on your link, what am I going to give someone a urinary tract/yeast infection through their feet? 

As far as getting "caught", I'm non-confrontational, so mostly just so someone doesn't get "pissed off" at me.  Not that I think it is wrong, although don't do it if I'm standing next to you in the shower.   

Edited by tkbslc 2008-02-14 5:26 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » on the topic of locker rooms/sandals... Rss Feed  

of 2