General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Nutritional/supplement experts, I need your help. Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-04-03 12:09 PM

User image

Veteran
Dodge Center, MN
Subject: Nutritional/supplement experts, I need your help.
This isn’t really related to me or tri's, but I need your help. I have a STUBBORN grandmother who seems to be addicted to slim-fast and won’t eat anything else. Luckily she mixes it with whole milk, but she’s still not taking in enough nourishment. We’re looking for a true meal replacement shake that will give her a balanced diet without a lot of sodium. Anyone have any ideas?

2008-04-03 1:17 PM
in reply to: #1313395

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sturtevant, WI
Subject: RE: Nutritional/supplement experts, I need your help.
yikes!!! so much for a balanced diet!

i use UltraMeal by Metagenics...(actually, i use it as a meal SUPPLEMENT, but that's just 'cuz my metabolism is so crazy-high). some of our patients use it as a meal replacement, and they're really happy with it. as far as the sodium content, it's got 65mg per serving.

they carry both a rice and a soy ultrameal shake...i use the rice protein shake just 'cuz my body doesn't like soy. (i have, however, tried the soy, and taste-wise, it's pretty good!)

I used to use ProZone by NutriBiotic, but since they've re-formulated it, it doesn't taste very good...

the UltraMeal was actually my dinner last night...i opened up the fridge at work, and -- GASP -- i forgot to bring food!!! it served me well...
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Nutritional/supplement experts, I need your help. Rss Feed