General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Difficulties getting back on the horse... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-04-15 11:18 AM

User image

Regular
Rowan University - Health & Exercise Science Major
Subject: Difficulties getting back on the horse...
Hey everyone!

My training has been going fantastic up until 3 weeks ago, when i suffered a groin injury that has sidelined me for two full weeks. Last week i began to swim again, but took it slow and only swam for the week. I figured that if i didn't feel anything i would begin my regular routine this past sunday, but i having extreme difficulties motivating myself to workout...

Anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks!

2008-04-15 11:22 AM
in reply to: #1339063

User image

Master
Alpharetta, GA
Subject: RE: Difficulties getting back on the horse...
Ease back into training. You don't want to rush back 100% right after an injury. If you ease back into training with shorten sessions, that is your motivation. E.g. if you were doing one hour bikes, start back with 30 minutes for a week or two. That will serve two fold, 1. it will help you not re-injure that groin, 2. in your mind say "hey, it is only a 30 minute ride". With shorter sessions that will motivate you to get back on the horse, and within a week or two you will start pushing back to full speed.
2008-04-15 11:23 AM
in reply to: #1339063

User image

Extreme Veteran
Pennsylvania
Subject: RE: Difficulties getting back on the horse...
Whenever I feel a little "off" I make myself focus on just one workout at a time...I don't look ahead at what's to come throughout the week...And before I know it, I am a week farther along in my training! Break it down into baby steps... It's great to know that you are healed... Enjoy feeling healthy again! Good luck!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Difficulties getting back on the horse... Rss Feed