United States
Bubba Gump Shrimp
Overcast
Total Time = 23m 41s
Overall Rank = 88/410
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

This was more of a fun race that I did not take very seriously. So my pre-race routine consisted of drinking as much water as I could all day to lower the slight hangover (sixers are in the playoffs). Followed by pre-run tacobell, delicious.
Event warmup:

Wondered around and shook forrest gump's hand, he game me some chocolate. Did some stretching when we finally figured out where we were starting from.
Run
  • 23m 41s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 07m 38s  min/mile
Comments:

This was a ton of fun. We ran all over the Citadel campus, which I have never seen before. And the finish was really cool, we ran into the riverdogs stadium through left field and crossed homeplate, where about 6-7 players were standing giving high-fives. This was my first 5k and my only real goal was to try and beat 8 min miles (which I have never done during workouts), so I was pumped to see my time. And when the lady asked me if I would like a beer after I finished, little piece of heaven.
What would you do differently?:

Save a touch more for the end. I ran most of the race pacing with a girl about the same age (who looked in much better shape) only to be dusted by her at the end with nothing I could do about it.
Post race
Warm down:

Beer and Pasta(provided). A ticket to the game was also included, so a bunch of friends met me out for a good night.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

No sleep the night before, possibly the tacos, but I doubt it, I think they gave me a little boost from time to time.

Event comments:

Seemed disorganized at the start. And I did not know you were not suppose to remove the bottom part of your race number for timing purposes(no chips). Other than that, great time, sitting and watching baseball after was perfect.

Last updated: 2008-04-14 12:00 AM
Running
00:23:41 | 03.1 miles | 07m 38s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/410
Performance:
Course: Ran through the Citadel campus finishing up at home plate of the Joe (stadium of minor league baseball team, the river dogs)
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?