Port Moody, British Columbia
Canada
Second Wind Events
Total Time = 3h 08m 34s
Overall Rank = 45/121
Age Group = COED TEAM
Age Group Rank = 2/18
Pre-race routine:

Woke up at 0715 to this loud knocking on the door...
Had breakfast. Vector with MILK. Got the stuff ready headed to the starbucks and then to bike drop off. Seen Haz and Vince there and put the bikes away. Left transition and headed to the Race start. Met up with Audrey and Baby. Had some laughs with Haz and then sang O Canada and then Got ready for the GReen light to start.
Event warmup:

This is an adventure race and I am not sure why all these boxes are here.
Started running out very nice and easy. Nothing to say but we stayed together and pretty close to Haz and Vince(TEAM FILF). The Uphills kind of sucked out a lot of energy out of a lot of people. Then we hit Transition in 30 mins. Headed up this very very long hill to Checkpoint 3 and it was the top of the mountain..very very difficult climb. Then, we headed down hill. Leah decided to go as fast as I could go. I just pointed my wheel down and hung on for dear life. We get down and make it to the CP4 which happens to be the orienteiring portion. We get our check points and I get to climb everywhere it was cool. You had to get 7 checks in order to get your punch. I jumped of a mini cliff on one and scratched up my knee and then the last one was at the top of a big ridge which is freaking hard. On the way back everybody was yelling that they loved me..not sure why..(EVERYBODY LOVES DAN!) This is my bonking point. Not enough Nutrition and not enough water and I started having the same troubles as in Osoyoos last year. We finish this part and then head back to the bikes. I just try and keep up with Leah. She is a freaking strong rider! So, I can't breath she says we could stop I say, no, lets just get this thing over with. Then, we go up this ravine that they make us dismount on. So we walk down the bikes and then walk up the bikes. This was probably the hardest thing to do my calves are screaming and my legs are dead. We finally get to check point 5 which is pick to flags and make a sentance out of the words you pick..I choose Leah to do this cause I could not think. Hit check point 6 which was just before the finish. Missed a turn. went over some tracks around a building and then racked our bikes. to Checkpoint 7...question what colour is the new VW, Leah was wondering what the person was saying, I just figured start yelling out colours...WHITE>..yeah...whew..under the netting and to the finish where I feel Like death. Waited around for some free stuff and were totally shocked when they started calling our names for 2nd place...YEAH BABY.....
Thats about it.
Post race

Last updated: 2008-02-23 12:00 AM
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2008-04-29 8:44 AM

User image

Master
Chilliwack, BC
Subject: Suburban Rush

2008-04-29 10:32 AM
in reply to: #1368799

User image

Expert
Pitt Meadows, BC
Subject: RE: Suburban Rush
Congrats Dan!! Sounds like you had a great time, despite the pain! I wish I would've remembered about it, I noticed it after I was getting back from my long ride.
2008-04-29 4:30 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2008-04-29 4:46 PM

Sydney Australia
Subject:
2008-04-30 3:06 PM

Lethbridge, Alberta
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Suburban Rush
Good job on the race, Dan, and the report!
Sounds like you and DrLeah did well.
2008-05-01 10:23 AM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Suburban Rush Rss Feed