Other Resources My Cup of Joe » FSU coaching changes Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2004-12-30 3:04 PM

User image

Elite
Venture Industries,
Subject: FSU coaching changes
Rumors are running rampant in Seminole Nation. The most serious rumors focus on George Henshaw, Assistant Coach of the Tenn. Titans, going to Tallahassee as offensive coordinator! Our golden boy Jeff Bowden going back to wide receivers coach. Scuttle is that this announcement will be made on Monday 1/3/05!!!

If that announcment is made I will be the happiest Seminole Alum on Earth!!!!! I'd be happy if they hired a trained monkey to replace Jeffrey!!!!

Well we'll know on Monday.

2004-12-30 4:35 PM
in reply to: #97394

Extreme Veteran
Randleman, NC
Subject: RE: FSU coaching changes
ASA22,

I can feel your pain. You have to be a blind monkey with the planning of an idiot to have an offense that rolls up 400-500 yds on 4 of the top 15 teams in the country, have the number 1 defense in the country and only win 5 games. NC State single handedly put half the ACC in bowl games by GIVING them the 1 game needed for bowl qualification. The offensive coordinator for Amato is the same genius who sent Phillip Rivers on a sneak TWICE in a row against Ohio State AND gave the ball to TA Fumbleclendon instead of running out the clock against Maryland in 2003. TA gave up a Gator Bowl berth with that fumble and the Pack (mostly due to inexcusable offensive miscues) did not qualify for a bowl this year. You want an offensive coordinator> There is one in Raleigh the Wolfpack fans would love for you to have!

Fred
2004-12-30 4:37 PM

Extreme Veteran
Randleman, NC
By the way, love Coach Bowden and cannot say enough for what Florida State has meant to ACC football over the last 12 years.

Fred
2005-01-04 5:15 PM

User image

Expert
San mateo California
Good to see other seminoles around here.. I have seen some Lizards (gators), but not seminoles.... I am a FSU alumni as well....
is Bobby Bowden retiring soon?
2005-01-05 10:24 AM
in reply to: #98808

User image

Master
Marietta, Ga

They're plenty of us Seminole's running around here, but we're the quiet, intelligent, subtle types, so we tend to be harder to pick out of the crowd.  We're much unlike those brash, outspoken reptillians who just love to make a scene everywhere they go.

I'm hopeful Jeff Bowden gets replaced as OC, but it will be 4 years too late to save Rix's career.  I hope the kid has a good career in the pro's, if he decides to take that path.

2005-01-06 11:06 AM
in reply to: #99078

User image

Elite
Venture Industries,
I agree with Motivated. I feel so sorry for Rix. Yes he may have had a bad attitude his sophomore year. But he had HORRIBLE coaching.

Yesterday offensive line coach Jimmy Heggins "resigned". The newest rumors out ot Tallahassee are that might be the only change in offensive coaching that is made. George Henshaw, fromer FSU coach and current Titans assistant, has denied that he has been contacted for an FSU coaching job. It appears that Jeffy may have the wide receivers taken away from him, and Bobby may bring in former FSU receiver and current USF receivers coach Lawerence Dawsey to be receivers coach, and Golden Boy Jeffy stays as offensive coordinator.

I think as long as Jeffy is OC we are going to be mired in mediocratie. And I fear that Jeffy will be there as long as Bobby is there. What will be the excuse next year, new offensive line coach, new wide receivers coach, and new quarterback. If there's no improvement who will take the blame then? Another not so good rumor, Xavier Lee is unhappy at the offensive scheme and the fact that Bobby has annointed Sexton as the starter prior to spring drills. Look for Lee to transfer.

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » FSU coaching changes Rss Feed